Operations is at the heart of our business, delivering essential and time sensitive waste management services to our clients. As an operations coordinator, you will be supporting the department management team with administrative tasks and reporting, and wider operations team in managing a fleet of 36+ HGVs and associated subcontractors which are responsible for transporting in excess of 10,000 tonnes of waste per month.
The role will primarily be to support the current operations team, but the role can and will develop based on their strengths and preferences. The successful candidates must have a strong desire to learn to shape this opportunity into a fulfilling and rewarding career – integral to which they must have a positive attitude and proactive approach towards problem solving in an operational environment.
Specific tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily vehicle routing and workload allocation
- Daily input, review and reporting of vehicle profit/loss analysis
- Daily input, review and verification of driver’s wages
- Weekly input and report of operations departmental KPI’s to general manager/directors
- Frequent and sustained communication with drivers/operational colleagues i.e. to discuss changes to workload or operational issues
- Frequent and sustained communication with suppliers i.e. placing orders, booking vehicle maintenance
- Frequent and sustained communication with customers i.e. taking and discussing orders and communicating operational service issues
The ideal candidate will be career-orientated and see this as a very real opportunity to have direct influence in the running and future development of the business, becoming suitably qualified and experienced along the way.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Key skills, experience and/or qualifications required:
- Excellent I.T skills, specifically in MS excel and outlook
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Customer focussed with ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desirable skills, experience and/or qualifications required:
- Experience in the waste management industry
- Experience in the transport and logistics industry
- Business related qualification (GCSE level minimum)
In return, you will get:
- Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 dependent on experience
- Holiday entitlement 20 days + 8 bank holidays per year
- Company pension
- Free parking
- Free tea/coffee
- Company branded work wear
- Referral bonus for suggesting staff & promote first from within policy
Note that ongoing interviews will be organised on first-come basis. Please do not hesitate to submit your application.
Interested? Apply below!