We are recruiting for multiple full-time plant operators to work across multiple locations in Hampshire.
Reporting to the operations manager, your overall responsibility will be to efficiently and safely operate a 360 excavator w/ selector grab and/or bucket (up to 40 tonnes), and/or a loading shovel (up to 32 tonnes).
This role is integral to the smooth operation of our waste recycling centres and quarries, as such, you will thrive on working in a fast pace environment and be able to both follow instruction/specification and effectively react under your own initiative to external variables.
Working hours are between 6.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, and Saturdays 6.30am to 1pm (at enhanced overtime pay).
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- On-site daily equipment checks
- Complete daily paperwork, such as plant inspection form
- Proactively communicate with drivers and site staff to ensure safe working
- Report defects, problems, near-misses to line-manager
- Safe operation of plant and equipment on site
- Ensuring your working area is kept safe, clear and tidy
- Follow site safety rules, H&S regulations and safe systems of work
- Effective use of plant and equipment in meeting outlined objectives
Key skills, experience and/or qualifications required:
- Working knowledge of plant operation
- CPSC Card / NPORS (desirable), but full training will be given
- Experience in the construction, quarry and/or waste environment
In return, you will get:
- Salary: £11.00 per hour, you will be paid 50 hours per week minimum plus overtime at enhanced rates (1.5x hourly wage)
- Full plant category training provided
- Holiday entitlement 20 days + 8 bank holidays per year
- Access to Employee Perks discount platform
- Company pension
- Full company branded personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Referral bonus for suggesting staff
Interested? Apply below!