We are recruiting for a site foreman to start immediately at our materials recovery facility in Portsmouth, Hampshire. This role plays very real part in influencing business performance through an effective waste processing and transfer operation.
As a site foreman, you will report to the operations manager and be responsible for the day-to-day materials recovery operation – comprising of heavy plant operators, site operatives and a weighbridge operator.
The ideal candidate will have direct-report management experience in the waste, construction and/or building materials (aggregates) industries; a comprehensive understanding of the rules and regulations surrounding health and safety in the workplace and the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, suppliers and customers in a busy environment.
Your duties include:
- Responsible for overall materials recovery facility operation performance
- Ownership of safety performance – incidents and accidents
- Set and report upon objectives and measure operational KPI’s
- Manage, develop and support your team
- Responsible for business assets – office, facilities, equipment etc.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- 3+ Years experience within, or supplying to, the waste industry
- 2+ Years in an operations management position
- NEBOSH Qualification or similar (relevant experience will be considered)
- WAMITAB Qualification or similar (currently working towards, or willing to undertake in position)
- Operator experience in heavy plant i.e. 360 excavator/shovel
- Working understanding of fixed and mobile plant maintenance
In return, you will get:
- Salary: Dependant on experience, you will be paid 50 hours per week minimum plus overtime at enhanced rates (x1.5 hourly wage)
- Company van
- Holiday entitlement 20 days + 8 bank holidays per year
- Access to Employee Perks discount platform
- Company pension
- Full company branded personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Referral bonus for suggesting staff