Site Operative – Night Shift
We are recruiting for multiple site operatives (night shift) to start immediately across multiple sites within Hampshire and West Sussex. This role plays very real part in influencing business performance through an effective waste processing and transfer operation.
As a site operative, you will report to the shift leader and be responsible for the shifts waste materials recovery operation – comprising manual and mechanical waste separation, processing and recycling.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the waste industry; a good understanding of the rules and regulations surrounding health and safety in the workplace and the ability to effectively communicate within a team in a busy environment.
Transport to/from the shift location can be provided, but a means of transport if the shift is local to you will be expected (Portsmouth/Southampton/Yapton).
Your duties include:
- Directly responsible for waste materials recovery performance
- Ownership of personal and team health and safety
- Seek to meet shift performance target i.e. processed tonnage
- Follow instruction from the night shift leader and support the wider team
- Access to/means of transport
- CSCS Card or similar site safety qualification
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Working understanding of fixed and mobile plant operation and maintenance
In return, you will get:
- Salary: £10.10 per hour, you will be paid 50 hours per week minimum plus overtime at enhanced rates (1.5x hourly wage)
- Holiday entitlement 20 days + 8 bank holidays per year
- Access to Employee Perks discount platform
- Company pension
- Full company branded personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Referral bonus for suggesting staff