We are recruiting for a Transport Coordinator to work within our busy waste department. Reporting to the Transport Supervisor, your overall responsibility will be to efficiently and safely coordinate a large fleet of chain lift, hook loader and articulated HGV’s throughout the Southern Region.
This role is integral to our award-winning customer service, as such, you will thrive on working in a fast pace environment and be able to effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and other key stakeholders for extended periods of time.
Your duties include:
- Driver workload allocation
- Act as a conduit for driver communication through the line
- Proactively communicate with drivers, customers and suppliers
- Responsible for compliance and wellbeing of drivers
- Directly input and manage business performance data for your vehicles
- Ownership of safety performance, incidents and accidents for your vehicles
- Work closely with the fleet department for your vehicle maintenance and driver training
- Working knowledge of drivers’ hours rules
- Experience of managing a fleet
- Transport Manager CPC (working towards, or willing to complete)
- Must be computer literate – MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience the waste management industry
- Understanding of local geography
- ILM Qualification
Working hours are part of a flexible shift pattern between 6am and 6pm Monday to Friday, and 1 in 4 Saturday’s (half day). Holiday entitlement: 28 days per year.
In return, you will get:
- Private pension contributions
- Free parking
- Access to staff discounts