Transport Coordinator – Bristol
We are recruiting for a full-time transport coordinator to work within our bulk haulage department at our South West Office in Avonmouth, Bristol.
Reporting to the transport supervisor, your overall responsibility will be to efficiently and safely coordinate a large fleet of tipper, grab loader and articulated HGV’s throughout the South West, South East and Midlands.
This role is integral to our award-winning customer service, as such, you will thrive on working in a fast pace environment and be able to effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and other key stakeholders for extended periods of time.
Working hours are part of a flexible shift pattern between 6am and 6pm Monday to Friday, and 1 in 6 Saturday’s (half day).
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Route vehicles and plan workloads through current systems
- Driver workload allocation
- Act as a conduit for driver communication through the line
- Proactively communicate with drivers, customers and suppliers
- Responsible for compliance and wellbeing of drivers
- Directly input and manage business performance data for your vehicles
- Ownership of safety performance, incidents and accidents for your vehicles
- Work closely with the fleet department for your vehicle maintenance and driver training
Key skills, experience and/or qualifications required:
- Working knowledge of drivers’ hours rules
- Experience of working in the construction industry or construction supply chain
- Experience of managing a fleet
- Transport Manager CPC (working towards, or willing to complete)
- Experience in daily use of MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience of business management software
Desirable skills, experience and/or qualifications required:
- Experience in the bulk haulage/tipper industry
- Understanding of local geography
- ILM Qualification
- Category B (Car) Driving Licence
In return, you will get:
- Salary dependant on experience
- Holiday entitlement 20 days + 8 bank holidays per year
- Access to TJ’s Employee Perks discount platform
- Company pension
- Company branded work wear
- Referral bonus for suggesting staff & promote first from within policy
Interested? Apply below!