We are recruiting for a welder/fabricator to start immediately at our bespoke workshop in Yapton, West Sussex. This is a relatively new and rewarding role that will play a very real part in influencing business performance by ensuring our skip containers are maintained and refurbished to a high standard.
Reporting to the general manager and operations manager, you will need to effectively meet the needs of the business by ensuring skip container maintenance and repairs are robust and completed in a safe and efficient manner.
Fundamental to the success of this role is the ability to work independently to undertake repair assessments and prioritisation, container handling, steel fabrication, TIG welding, surface preparation, and paint spraying in our newly built booth setup (all equipment/materials and PPE provided).
Required skills, experience and/or qualifications required:
- Experience in a fabrication/workshop environment AND/OR mobile plant/container repairs
- Understanding of processes/safety controls in a workshop environment
- Welding qualification
- Category B (Car) Driving Licence
In return, you will get:
- Salary dependant on experience (+ company van option for the right candidate)
- Holiday entitlement 20 days + 8 bank holidays per year
- Access to TJ’s Employee Perks discount platform
- Company pension
- Company branded work wear
- Referral bonus for suggesting staff & promote first from within policy