The cost of skip hire is dependant on the size of skip you require, the type of waste you will be disposing of and where it will be delivered to. Domestic skips are charged as a one-off cost, which includes delivery of the skip, an agreed hire period, collection of the skip and disposal of the waste. We accept all major credit/debit cards, or you can pay via cash on delivery.
Our hire terms are 10 days, including bank holidays and weekends. You will be asked for a collection date at the time of booking, but if you need the skip for slightly longer, just let us know and we will gladly factor this into your quote. Don’t worry, there are no hidden costs for exceeding your hire term by a couple of days, but we do reserve the right to collect the skip without notice if a new collection date is not agreed.
Certain wastes can cause harm to humans, the environment, are considered difficult to process or have legislative regulations that require specialist disposal routes. Due to this, the following wastes unfortunately cannot be put into your skip.
- Plasterboard (must be segregated from other wastes, we can supply a plasterboard only skip)
- Creosate, or the cans or containers that have contained any of these products
- Oil, Petrol, Diesel, Grease or Lead-based Paints; or the cans or containers that have contained any of these products
- Liquid waste of any nature
- Flourescent tubes
- Pressurised containers e.g. gas bottles
- Car engines or tyres
- Fridges or freezers
- Televisions or computer screens
- Japanese Knotweed
- Clinical waste, including syringes or needles
- Hazardous wood (certain items from pre-2007 properties are potentially hazardous – see here for more information: WRA Visual Guide on Potentially Hazardous Demolition Waste Wood (woodrecyclers.org))
The list of non-permitted wastes is constantly being revised with the introduction of new legislation.
If your skip is to be placed on the public highway you will need a permit from the council. Grass verges outside your property count as on-road deliveries, driveways do not. As the supplier, we apply for your permit, which can take up to 4 working days. The cost of a permit varies, dependant on your county council and the duration of hire. We supply safety lights and cones as part of the cost.
If you have already paid for your skip via credit/debit card payment, we do not require you to be present for the skip to be delivered. We operate a fully automated, paperless system which allows us to send you a receipt and delivery confirmation by email. If you opt to pay via cash on delivery, you will need to be present to hand your payment to the driver.