HGV Driver – Class 1 & 2
We are TJ, a diversified waste management, bulk haulage and building materials provider comprising of two company’s:
TJ Transport Ltd is the bulk haulage arm of TJ, serving the construction, building materials and waste industries with external transport solutions for their products and waste. TJ Waste & Recycling Ltdis the waste management arm of TJ, serving both commercial and domestic consumers with a range of waste collection and disposal solutions in the South East Region.
Slogan: Excellence. Delivered safely
We are recruiting for multiple driving roles across our operating depots in Fareham to operate across both company divisions.
Vehicle categories include:
– Skip loader (Class 2)
– 8 wheel rigid tipper (Class 2)
– Artic ejector/walking floor (Class 1)
– Artic tipper (Class 1)
– Grab loader (Class 2)
– Roll on/off hook loader (Class 2)
– Vacuum road brush (Class 2)
The role: Collection/delivery services of aggregates & waste and bulk haulage between our internal sites, external suppliers and customers.
Key skills, experience and/or qualifications required:
– Have an appropriate Category licence C (Class 2) / C+E (Class 1)
– Hold a valid CPC certificate
– Reliable, flexible and adaptable Saturday’s and working across the different vehicle types within the company (subject to appropriate licences).
– Nights away (night out subsidy will be paid) in certain roles as necessary.
– Working knowledge of tacho regulations, Drivers hours, and Working Time Directive.
– Familiarity with using a tablet computer.
– Hardworking, polite, motivated with good communication and customer service skills.
In return, you will get:
– A unique opportunity to be trained in a variety of vehicle types
– Contracted 50 hours per week (paid 10 hours per day minimum)
– Salary: Tipper rate £11.50 per hour (basic salary £29,900 + overtime)
– All other categories: £12.00 per hour (basic salary £31,200 + overtime)
– Overtime at enhanced rates (i.e. 1.5x basic after 50 hours and on Saturdays / 2x basic on bank holidays)
– 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays per year
– Average hours including overtime paid for annual leave
– Workplace pension contribution
– Additional enhancements for night shifts/nights out
– Full vehicle category training provided, including: MPQC card (EPIC)
– In-house CPC training
– Free full company branded personal protection equipment (PPE)
– Free parking
Typical working hours between 06.00 – 18.00 Mon – Fri / 06.00 – 13.00 for rotational Saturdays
Interested? Apply below!