Grab hire, haulage and muck away
11 April 2019
TJ Transport has been operating haulage and muck-away services in the southern region for 25 years. We have a large fleet of vehicles that can service your every need. Whether you’re after a one-off delivery of topsoil for a small garden project or 1,000 tonnes of aggregates delivered over a number of weeks for your construction contract, we’re here to help.
Our focus is on customer service so we will always ensure you get what you need, when you need it. With TJ, there is no need for a back up, we will always deliver what was agreed, within the requested timescale so you know you can always rely on us.
TJ also offers a grab hire service. Our selection of grab loader vehicles means that whatever the project and whatever inert waste you need removing, we will be able to whisk away your unwanted waste in no time at all.
We will always endeavour to have a quote for the required service back with you the same day and in many cases are able to provide you with the service the very next day should you need it.
What’s on offer?
We have a range of grab hire solutions for the building and construction industries as well as domestic consumers. So whether you’re digging out foundations for a large construction project or redoing the driveway, we can make your inert waste collection simple and straightforward.
- We have 6 and 8 wheel grab vehicles, suitable for different amounts of waste
- We can accommodate a variety of waste streams, including builder’s waste, inert spoil, concrete, bricks, asphalt and green waste
- Our high-performance grab vehicles are available to hire for waste collection and disposal throughout the Portsmouth, Southampton, Chichester and Bristol areas
Health and safety is a top priority for us. We have a skilled and experienced team working hard to ensure that all our grab vehicles operate efficiently and safely.
Our entire fleet is also accredited by the TfL Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme. The vehicles boast advanced safety systems such as audible left turning warning and 360 degree camera systems. For further peace of mind, all of our grab vehicles are kitted out with GPS tracking and cab telephone, allowing us to communicate with our drivers at all times.
Haulage and muck-away
When it comes to bulk haulage solutions for the construction, building materials and waste industries, TJ should be your first port of call. Trusted and reliable, we operate a large and versatile fleet of bulk haulage vehicles, capable of transporting a range of materials, waste and freight loads throughout the UK.
Our bulk haulage fleet encompasses:
- Over 90 8×4 wheel tipper lorries: these are ideal for transporting a range of construction materials and wastes including: inert waste i.e. soil and hardcore (muckaway), asphalt, aggregates, heavy duty loads i.e. rock armour and contaminated waste.
- Nineteen 6×2 tractor units: these have access to a range of trailers and are also known as artic lorries. We use these to transport aggregates direct from quarries/wharves, and most bulk waste streams including refuse-derived fuel, non-recoverable landfill waste, wood, plasterboard and metal.
We are committed to providing the highest level of service, safety and reliability, at competitive prices. Our fleet is accredited by the TfL Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme, whilst all of our bulk haulage vehicles boast advanced safety and communications systems.
Top 5 grab hire tips
- Make sure there’s enough room at your work location to house the grab vehicle before you book it. An 8 wheel grab lorry is approximately 9 ft wide and 22ft long. It loads itself with its bucket from the side of the vehicle and can reach as far out as 8 metres from the vehicle.
- Think about how much waste you’ll need to dispose of – this will help you decide whether to go for a 6 or 8 wheel vehicle. 6 wheel vehicles have a capacity of approx 11-13 tonnes and 8 wheel vehicles approx 14-16 tonnes.
- Keep in mind that the cost will vary according to a number of factors: the size of the lorry you require, the type of waste you will be disposing of and where it will be collected from. Grab hire is charged per load for all inert waste types, such as soil, or per load plus tonnage for mixed waste.
- Will you need the vehicle at the beginning or end of your project?
- On domestic projects, be sure to put your waste onto a protective layer such as plastic sheeting to protect your driveway or paving.
Haulage services: top 5 things to consider
- You may need haulage services on separate occasions – to deliver aggregates and also for muck away so factor this into your planning.
- Have a think about what aggregates and materials you’ll need and how much of each – this will affect which vehicle you need to book.
- Will you need a tipper lorry or artic lorry?
- The cost of haulage will vary depending on the amount of materials that need to be transported, so be sure to ask how costs are calculated and get a quote in advance.
- When will you need to employ these services? Work out a plan and get it booked!
Find out more about TJ’s grab hire, haulage and muck-away services today!
What can you put in a skip?
Ever wondered what can actually go in a skip? Has the belief that lots of stuff isn’t permitted pu ...
Meet Tony Light, TJ artic driver
Tony has worked for TJ for over 16 years as an artic lorry driver and says they’re a great company ...
Go green this Christmas!
It’s that time of year again: the weather’s getting colder, twinkling lights are beginning to ap ...