Let TJ serve your business
5 August 2019
TJ has many products and services to offer; these teamed with exceptional customer service is why we are known as “No. 1 on the south coast”. TJ has been awarded the Feefo Gold Trusted Service Award for the fourth year running – an independent seal of excellence that recognises businesses for delivering exceptional experiences, as rated by real customers.
Our client base is varied, with many different types of businesses selecting us to fulfil their needs. Let’s explore a little more about how TJ could provide an essential product or service to your business and why TJ should be your supplier of choice…
We provide a huge range of aggregates for a variety of uses, many of which fall within the construction industry. Our clients vary from small building companies working on domestic or small commercial projects, to larger construction companies working on medium or large-scale construction projects. We also partner with many civil engineering and groundworks companies who are working on large commercial jobs or who hold contracts to maintain highways and public facilities. It is imperative that all the products and services that we provide for these projects, however big or small, are of high quality and supplied on time.
One of our most popular aggregates is our Rock Chalk, which we source from our quarry in Butser, Petersfield. It’s ideal for construction uses due to its strength, versatility, porous quality and cost-effectiveness. Butser rock chalk is akin to limestone rather than standard chalk, meaning it’s a very strong and hard-wearing material – it’s the strongest naturally-occurring material in Hampshire!
6F5 (Graded) Rock Chalk is utilised as a primary general fill aggregate. It is an ‘as crushed’ product that is most commonly used for capping, laid over terram to raise and level natural ground ready for a Type 1 sub base.
Our sand is one of our most versatile products with many uses. It is dug from TJ’s quarry at Hythe – also known as Forest Lodge – and is suitable for blinding, bedding, general fill, mortar and plastering.
We use an estimated 15 billion tonnes of sand every year in the construction industry alone. It is used for:
- Concrete: Sand is often a principal component of this critical construction material.
- Brick: Manufacturing plants add sand to a mixture of clay and other materials for manufacturing bricks.
- Mortar: Sand is mixed with masonry cement or Portland cement and lime to be used in masonry construction
Our sand is 0/1mm, has virtually no silt and is 99% silica, making it an ideal bedding sand for cattle. As an inert material, it doesn’t provide a substrate for bacteria and bugs to grow, which prevents mastitis and helping to keep somatic cell counts down. As TJ operates in a highly agricultural area, our sand is in high demand for this purpose.
Muck away and haulage
When it comes to bulk haulage solutions for the construction, building materials and waste industries, TJ should be your first port of call. Trusted and reliable, we operate a large and versatile fleet of bulk haulage vehicles, capable of transporting a range of materials, waste and freight loads throughout the UK.
Our bulk haulage fleet encompasses:
- Over 90 8×4 wheel tipper lorries: these are ideal for transporting a range of construction materials and wastes including: inert waste i.e. soil and hardcore (muckaway), asphalt, aggregates, heavy duty loads i.e. rock armour and contaminated waste.
- Nineteen 6×2 tractor units: these have access to a range of trailers and are also known as artic lorries. We use these to transport aggregates direct from quarries/wharves, and most bulk waste streams including refuse-derived fuel, non-recoverable landfill waste, wood, plasterboard and metal.
We are committed to providing the highest level of service, safety and reliability, at competitive prices. Our fleet is accredited by the TfL Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme, whilst all of our bulk haulage vehicles boast advanced safety and communications systems.
We have a range of grab hire solutions for the building and construction industries as well as domestic consumers. So whether you’re digging out foundations for a large construction project or redoing the driveway, we can make your inert waste collection simple and straightforward.
- We have 6 and 8 wheel grab vehicles, suitable for different quantities of waste.
- We can accommodate a variety of waste streams, including builder’s waste, inert spoil, concrete, bricks, asphalt and green waste.
Our high-performance grab vehicles are available to hire for waste collection and disposal throughout the Portsmouth, Southampton, Chichester and Bristol areas.
At TJ, we have skips available in all sizes from 2 yard ‘mini’ skips, right up to huge 35 yard containers. As a business customer, you’re likely to want to utilise our larger skips…
6 yard ‘maxi’ skip: this can hold between 50 and 60 bin bags of waste, which makes it ideal for medium-sized projects such as house renovations and clearance of gardens, garages and lofts.
8 yard ‘mega’ skip: this can hold 60-80 bin bags’ worth of waste. It is often used for bulky and heavy waste such as rubble, soil or concrete and is perfect for major renovation work or full house clearance.
12 yard ‘jumbo’ skip: this can hold the equivalent of around 120 bin bags. They are often utilised by shopfitters and on building and construction sites.
Roll on/off skips: TJ offers two sizes of roll on/off skips – the 17 yard and the 35 yard. Both are typical used within the commercial and industrial sectors, for large volume commercial waste producers and large scale construction operations.
Dimensions of our skips can be found on each individual skip page. Once you’ve made your booking, we’ll take it from there. You’ll receive a text to confirm your order and then emails throughout the process to keep you informed every step of the way.
Commercial waste management
Commercial waste management is constantly changing and can be complex. It’s vital to get your company’s waste management right in order to stay on the right side of the law. That’s where TJ come in. Why not let us manage your commercial waste for you? Together we’ll come up with a plan, tailored to the needs of your business, and take all the hassle (and the waste!) away.
Our range of services coupled with our knowledge and expertise enables us to create a bespoke waste management solution for your business. Total site waste management is ideal for high volume waste producers at multiple locations seeking to use a single supplier to manage their waste collection, disposal and reporting.
We offer a customer portal (you will need to register) that will give you access to our custom template for construction site waste management plans, along with access to our powerful reporting tool.
5 reasons to choose TJ
- Customer service is one of our core brand values so you can rest assured that you’ll always receive fantastic service whether you use us once or become a regular customer.
- We can provide very quick turnaround on most of our products and services – in most cases as soon as the next working day!
- We can provide you with same-day quotes on most of our products and services, meaning you can make a decision quickly and efficiently.
- We’re with you all the way – we’ll keep in touch from initial enquiry to placing your order to arranging delivery, so you’ll be well-informed from start to finish.
- We’re flexible – if your requirements change, we can change our services to suit, so whatever you need, you can trust us to get it done.
Find out more about our services and give us a call on 08000 463 964 for an informal chat about how we can help you.
Top tips to make your business more eco friendly
Do you ever throw a plastic bottle or metal can into a general waste bin without a second thought? O ...
10 reasons to go for skip hire
Skips are great for domestic and commercial projects and the ideal commercial waste management solut ...
5 top tips for successful waste management
All companies, big and small, must have plans in place to manage their waste to ensure it is dispose ...