10 reasons to go for grab hire
13 July 2020
Grab hire is a great option for disposing of waste generated at commercial construction sites and also a viable choice for some domestic projects, such as large-scale landscaping and driveway renewals as it enables large volumes of waste to be removed quickly and easily.
For larger domestic projects, grab hire is ideal as much larger quantities of waste can be taken away in one go providing there is sufficient access to the property. On a commercial site there is likely to be more space to enable a grab lorry to get in and out easily, making it the obvious choice.
Keep in mind though, that a combination of both grab and skip hire is a good idea on a construction site as the grab can be employed on an ad hoc basis when big loads of waste are generated and skips can be utilised for continual waste streams. The best of both worlds!
10 REASONS TO GO FOR GRAB HIRE
- With TJ, it’s quick and easy to arrange, so you could have your waste removed as quickly as the next working day if you wish, as a result of a single phone call. Alternatively, you can utilise our new online quote and booking tool to get a price and book your slot at the click of a button!
- We can offer different sized grab lorries to suit the quantity of waste you need to dispose of and the accessibility of your site. Give us a call on 08000 463 964 if you wish to discuss your requirements.
- It’s a great way to get rid of large volumes of waste in one go – our lorries can take up to 16 tonnes!
- Our 6-wheel grab vehicles are ideal for use at sites with low walls and fencing – removing the need to move the waste manually for collection.
- It’s a cost effective way to dispose of soil and rubble. If you were to take this to the tip yourself, it could involve many trips back and forth and this type of waste is chargeable at £3 per standard rubble bag.
- Opting for grab hire frees up space on site as once the waste has been taken, it’s gone, rather than being stored onsite in a skip for days or weeks.
- You can schedule in as many or as few grabs as you need and you can book them as and when you need them. Check availability using our online quote tool or by giving us a call on 08000 463 964.
- You don’t have to estimate your waste levels accurately as grabs can take greater quantities and can do additional runs if needed.
- The process is quick! Grab lorries can be on and off a site within half an hour, taking all your unwanted waste with them. You don’t even need to be present for the removal as long as you’ve passed any instructions on at the time of booking.
- It’s a safe option – our entire fleet is accredited by the TfL Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme and boasts advanced safety systems such as audible left turning warning and 360 degree camera systems.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GRAB HIRE
Opting for grab hire will take the hassle out of your waste disposal process. Once you’ve booked it, it’s done, and you won’t need to think anymore about it – we’ll take care of the rest!
Designed with effortless waste collection in mind, grab vehicles are perfect for use where space is limited or where the loading machines for our larger tipper vehicles aren’t present. Perfect for all site clearance work, muck away and the delivery of a wide range of aggregates, our grab hire solutions are suitable for use in both the trade and public sectors.
- Our 6-wheel grab lorries have a load capacity of 12m3 or approximately 11 – 13 tonnes.
- Our 8-wheel grab lorries have a load capacity of 15m3 or approximately 14 – 16 tonnes.
Grab vehicles are perfectly equipped to load a wide range of waste streams, including builders’ waste, inert spoil, concrete, bricks, asphalt and green waste. Our fleet is available to hire for waste collection and disposal, and haulage per load, day or contract mileage basis.
You can now get an instant grab hire quote and book online so why not take a look?
The fight against plastic pollution
Plastic pollution is a huge problem, not just because of the vast amounts of plastic waste that we p ...
Our guide to disposing of hazardous waste
There are many items and materials that we use in our everyday lives and in the construction of our ...
Comparing aggregates: limestone v crushed concrete
Type 1 limestone and Type 1 crushed concrete could be used for the same purposes, mainly as sub base ...