Rubble disposal made easy!
21 June 2021
Disposing of your rubble has always taken some thought and planning, but with additional restrictions in place at most Household Waste and Recycling Centres (HWRCs) due to COVID, the usual routes are even trickier.
We’d like to let you know that there are other options when it comes to disposing of your rubble quickly, easily and cost effectively. Whether you’re a domestic customer with the occasional need for disposal, a commercial business with regular amounts to dispose of, or a large construction company with a continuous rubble supply, we have a range of services that could suit your needs.
We class rubble as concrete, bricks, paving slabs and stone exclusively and if you have just these materials to dispose of, we can reuse them to produce a range of recycled aggregates, which is not only a good use of these materials, but is also a plus for the environment as it stops them from going to landfill.
Skip v tip
For domestic customers and small businesses, HWRCs accept rubble at a charge of £3 per bag (up to 53.5cm x 83cm in size when laid flat). If you only have a small amount, this could be a viable option, but remember that car users are currently only allowed to book one tip slot per week, so if you have more than a few bags, getting rid of all your waste could take several weeks or longer this way. And you’ll have to vacuum the car after each trip too!
If you opt for skip hire, the skip will be delivered to your residence and positioned in the place you request. You will then be free to fill it as and when you like and you can keep the skip for up to two weeks. This is sure to make your project a lot easier as the waste will immediately be taken care of.
- Skips come in a range of sizes from 2 yard minis to 12 yard jumbos, with the added extra of 17 and 35 yard rollonoff containers, so there’s one to suit every project.
- Our smaller skips are a great option where space is limited as they can fit into smaller gardens and on hardstands.
- If you do not have space on your property for a skip, TJ can arrange a road permit for your skip (for a small fee), taking all the hassle away.
- Skips can be emptied and returned for re-use, giving you a constant waste disposal option on-site.
- You can book a skip to be delivered as quickly as the next working day (subject to availability) so you can start clearing that waste almost immediately.
- Having a skip onsite means that the waste is ‘out of sight, out of mind’ as soon as it’s thrown in, so it’s one less thing to worry about.
- You can opt to have the skip for as little as four days and receive a 5% discount (online orders only), or as long as two weeks with pick-up day of your choice.
- Your skip can be delivered and collected without you even being there, meaning it won’t stop you getting on with anything else.
- If you don’t fancy lifting and shifting your rubble, you could opt to pile it in one spot and go for the grab hire option. Make sure the location is accessible from the road to ensure the grab lorry can get to it.
- It’s a great way to get rid of large volumes of waste in one go!
- With TJ, it’s quick and easy to arrange, so you could have your waste removed as quickly as the next working day!
- We can offer a choice of size of grab lorry to suit your waste quantity and the accessibility of your site.
- Our 6-wheel grab vehicles can be used at sites with low walls and fencing – removing the need to move the waste manually.
- You can schedule in as many or as few grabs as you need and you can book them as and when you need them.
- You won’t have to estimate your waste levels as grabs can take greater quantities and can do additional runs if needed.
- The process is quick! Grab lorries can be on and off a site within half an hour, taking all your unwanted waste with them!
Commercial disposal at Butser
All construction companies, contractors and those in the building industry can drop off unwanted concrete, bricks, paving slabs and stone off anytime at our registered waste site near Petersfield during opening hours and as often as needed, free of charge.
We will crush the hardcore and use it to make several recycled aggregates that we produce in-house so you know it’s being put to good use, rather than simply going to landfill.
Many places charge per bag to dispose of this type of waste, so TJ could hold the ideal solution for your business going forward. Simply bring your hardcore waste along to TJ’s Butser Quarry, which is located on the A3 at Petersfield, GU31 5SP. We’re open 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
To unload, you simply need to hold a waste carrier’s licence and be wearing a hard hat, hi-vis top and steel toed boots to ensure your safety. Social distancing regulations will be adhered to at all times on site.
Which aggregate? Limestone v iBlend
We source and supply both primary limestone and our own recycled aggregate known as iBlend. These tw ...
Butser Quarry: supplying aggregates to the construction industry
Chalk has been used in the construction industry for decades. It’s versatility, strength, affordab ...
Meet Ricardo Moura, Driver
Ricardo has worked as a driver for TJ for three years and prides himself on always giving 100%. Outs ...