Your skip delivery: what to expect
13 February 2020
So you need a skip and you’ve decided to opt for TJ’s services, perhaps due to our excellent reputation for customer service or the fantastic value for money we offer. Booking the skip is just the beginning so what happens next? Read our top tips to smooth skip delivery to discover what you can expect and when.
Top 10 tips to smooth skip delivery
- Once you’ve booked your skip, you will receive an email confirming all the details and providing a contact for any further queries you may have.
- If you do not have off road parking and plan to store your skip on the road, you will need a permit. We can organise this for you, but it will take approximately 5 working days, so keep in mind that you’ll need to make your booking at least a week ahead of when you require the skip.
- If your property has limited access or the area that the skip will be going is tight, please consider your availability to be present on the date of delivery and be sure to let us know ahead of time so we are expecting this and can be prepared for it.
- Your skip will be delivered sometime between 6am and 6pm. Whilst we will always endeavour to meet your time requirements, due to many variables we are unable to guarantee time slots so please don’t bank on it arriving early in the morning. If you definitely need the skip in the morning, we suggest booking it to arrive the day before. Similarly, keep in mind that on collection day, you will need to have finished filling the skip the day before as the collection can take place between 6am and 6pm on the agreed date.
- To fit in with legal requirements, all drivers have a digital tachograph fitted in their cab to record their driving – their speed, distance travelled and the number of hours they’ve been driving. By law, drivers must have a 45-minute break after 4.5 hours of driving. This is something to bear in mind as it may occasionally affect skip delivery times if the driver runs out of driving time just before your delivery, so please bear with us.
- When the driver arrives with your skip you are welcome to discuss the positioning of the skip with them or if you are out, they will position it in the most suitable spot. If you know you are going to be out, it might be a good idea to state where you’d like the skip placed when you make the booking to avoid any confusion.
- The skip delivery will usually take between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on your location, accessibility etc.
- Make sure you only put approved items in the skip – putting in things that are not allowed, such as plasterboard or fridges may cause a delay with your collection. Discover exactly what you can and can’t put in a general skip…
- If you have yet to book your collection / exchange date, the quickest way to do so is via this online form – complete and we will be in touch in a jiffy to confirm.
- If you have any queries about your delivery/collection, either ahead of time or on the allotted day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or freephone on 08000 463 964
5 reasons to use TJ skip hire…
- We’ve just won the Feefo Platinum Trusted Service award, an independent seal of excellence that recognises businesses for delivering exceptional experiences, as rated by real customers.
- We have a wide range of skips available, from 2 to 35 yard, all at competitive prices.
- We’ll recycle up to 100% of your waste, so you can rest assured that we divert from landfill at every opportunity.
- We can deliver as quickly as the next working day and our drivers are friendly and helpful.
- We are investing in new technologies and opportunities to develop our recycling facilities for the future.
Discover all you need to know about the skip hire service TJ offers…
Meet Jacob Turner, Welder
Jacob joined TJ six months ago and prides himself on always doing a good job. Outside of work, famil ...
Which aggregate? Limestone v iBlend
We source and supply both primary limestone and our own recycled aggregate known as iBlend. These tw ...
Butser Quarry: supplying aggregates to the construction industry
Chalk has been used in the construction industry for decades. It’s versatility, strength, affordab ...