Your skip delivery: what to expect
Luke Haskell | General Manager
21 August 2023
So you need a skip and you’ve decided to opt for TJ’s services, perhaps due to our excellent reputation for customer service or the fantastic value for money we offer. Booking the skip is just the beginning so what happens next? Read our top tips to smooth skip delivery to discover what you can expect and when.
Top 10 tips to smooth skip delivery
- Once you’ve booked your skip, you will receive an email confirming all the details and providing a contact for any further queries you may have.
- If you do not have off road parking and plan to store your skip on the road, you’ll need a permit. We can organise this for you, but it will take approximately 5 working days, so keep in mind that you’ll need to make your booking at least a week ahead of when you require the skip. Give us a call on 08000 463 964 if you’d like to discuss this in more detail.
- If your property has limited access or the area that the skip will be going is tight, please consider your availability to be present on the date of delivery and be sure to let us know ahead of time so we are expecting this and can be prepared for it.
- Your skip will be delivered sometime between 6am and 6pm. Whilst we will always endeavour to meet your time requirements, due to many variables we are unable to guarantee time slots so please don’t bank on it arriving early in the morning. If you definitely need the skip in the morning, we suggest booking it to arrive the day before, or opting for our priority delivery, whereby we will guarantee its arrival by midday for an additional charge of £35. Similarly, keep in mind that on collection day, you will need to have finished filling the skip the day before as the collection can take place anytime between 6am and 6pm on the agreed date.
- To fit in with legal requirements, all drivers have a digital tachograph fitted in their cab to record their driving – their speed, distance travelled and the number of hours they’ve been driving. By law, drivers must have a 45-minute break after 4.5 hours of driving. This is something to bear in mind as it may occasionally affect skip delivery times if the driver runs out of driving time just before your delivery, so please bear with us.
- When the driver arrives with your skip you are welcome to discuss the positioning of the skip with them or if you are out, they will position it in the most suitable spot. If you know you are going to be out, it might be a good idea to leave instructions as to where you’d like the skip placed when you make the booking to avoid any confusion.
- The skip delivery will usually take between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on your location, accessibility etc.
- Make sure you only put approved items in the skip – putting in things that are not allowed, such as plasterboard or fridges may cause a delay with your collection. Discover exactly what you can and can’t put in a general skip and keep in mind that we can also provide rubble, plasterboard or asbestos-only skips upon request.
- If you have yet to book your collection / exchange date, the quickest way to do so is via this online form – complete and we will be in touch in a jiffy to confirm.
- If you have any queries about your delivery/collection, either ahead of time or on the allotted day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or freephone on 08000 463 964
5 reasons to use TJ skip hire…
- We’ve just been awarded the Feefo Platinum Trusted Service award for the fourth consecutive year! It’s an independent seal of excellence that recognises businesses for delivering exceptional experiences, as rated by real customers.
- We have a wide range of skips available, from 2 to 35 yard, all at competitive prices.
- We’ll recycle up to 100% of your waste, so you can rest assured that we divert from landfill at every opportunity.
- We can deliver as quickly as the next working day! With our collection of over 2,000 skips of all sizes, our availability is great and you can rest assured that we will be able to fulfil your order whatever your requirements and timescales are.
- Road safety and keeping our fleet in the best possible condition are amongst our top priorities. All of our vehicles – including our skip lorries – are part of a continual renewal and maintenance scheme so that they are always well looked after and safe on the roads.
Discover all you need to know about the skip hire service TJ offers…